This workshop is based on the book ‘Hold Me Tight’ – Seven conversations for a Lifetime of Love and core concepts of one of the most successful models of couple’s therapy (Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy) by Dr. Sue Johnson.
Is this Hold Me Tight Workshop for you?
- Would you like a closer relationship to your partner?
- Do you sometimes get stuck in old repetitive argument patterns?
- Would you like to strengthen the bond between you? Repair an old hurt?
- Do you want to deepen your sense of emotional safety and connection?
This program guides partners to become more attuned, trusting, and open with each other and to more easily handle day-to-day stress and conflict. Based on the book Hold Me Tight, by Dr. Susan Johnson, we will discuss key relationship concepts, watch demonstrative videos clips, and do guided conversations designed to strengthen and deepen a couple’s emotional connection. All experiential exercises take place between partners to maintain personal privacy and provide safety. Everyone is welcome.
Externship workshop is designed for therapists and endorsed by ICEEFT. Attending externship is the first step to being listed on ICEEFT website, where couples go to find trained therapists. It is also a step towards becoming a certified EFT therapist. In this externship, you will learn:
- See marital distress from an attachment perspective
- Help partners to reprocess the emotional responses that maintain marital distress
- Shape key new interactions and bonding events
- Overcome therapeutic impasses
This workshop is conducted by Lisa A. Ruderan MA LMFT who is Certified EFT Supervisor and Trainer.